Tuesday, July 04, 2006

World Cup Musings

Happy Fourth of July, everyone.

I completely forgot about the fourth of July until last night when there were fireworks and firecrackers keeping me up into the wee hours of the morn'. However, this is good because if I can't sleep tonight I'll sleep lots on the plane tomorrow night. Then I won't be so exhausted in Edinburgh.

I'm really excited for this trip, but it feels unreal. Right now I'm going to post this and then watch the World Cup on ESPN. Germany vs. Italy, Portugal vs. France. I really want Italy to win for obvious reasons, but I'd be happy if Portugal won too. Really, if anyone beats the French, I'm fine. I'm not one of those Americans who say "freedom fries"; I'm kind of the opposite. I love French movies!! And I like Les Miserables. You know, I'm down with France. I actually want to go to Paris and Marseilles one day. It's just that I don't like the French football team too much. They look whiny. Plus, Portugal's shoes are banana yellow, and thus cooler than the French's.

No comments: