Monday, February 26, 2007

I Saved Latin; What Did You Do?

I miss spring.

No, don't get all freaked out- I still love sweaters and winters and afghans and tea and crap. But I just want to wear flip flops to school, and work on my Spring/Summer 2007 wardrobe. Oh, man. That sounds conceited. But truly; I love fashion. From an aesthetic/artsy pov. After all, I AM taking sewing lessons.

As a middle school-er, I would have been very surprised to see myself as I am now, in junior year. Look at how I've changed.

How I've Changed

1. I Am Not A Hippy- I still love San Francisco, and The Beatles, but I think it's silly to classify yourself. After all, I am such a Post Modernist Hipster now.

2. I Like Rap- Here's the deal. In the weight room the guys listen to hip hop, and I like it. It's fun, it's stupid, it's catchy. F you.

3. I Don't Like Long Hair- I don't like long hair on guys. This is sort of connected to number one. I think there's only one guy with long hair that I think is attractive, and that is my husband, Jason Schwartzman. Because he can pull that off. Most guys can't.

4. I Like Clothes- I have become very focused on fashion, footwear, and handbags within the last year. I don't know why. Maybe it's because to me fashion is an extended form of self expression.

5. I Sleep- I friggin' sleep. A lot. I can sleep ten hours plus. I don't know why. I like to be awake for like twelve hours, so I can spend the rest of the day in bed, dreaming.

6. Um, I look different. Plus, I gained like fifteen pounds. I remember being like 115 lbs. and thinking I was fat. Damn.

7. Der, I got smarter- I used to be bad at math.


OK, how I've NOT changed

1. As my aunt told me the other day, I have very Italian political beliefs. Which is basically saying that I'm a fascist anarchist or something, because those bitches are crazy. Wiki their gov. I am not an anarchist though. See, everyone knows those kids who think they are anarchists and cool and junk, and I call them out every single day. I suppose what I mean is that I've always been a free thinker when it comes to socio-political ish. I just think I'm more educated now than I was in middle school.

2. David Duchovny is still hot. See, he was my first celebrity crush. And after all these years, I can still safely say that the Duch-ster is on my top five. Top three, actually. Believe it or not, I've been liking Mulder since I was eight years old because I'm awesomely awesome.

3. I still have a weird sense of humor, and I still think Being John Malkovich is a kick ass movie.


All in all, I can safely say that although I have respect for my former self, I am much more comfortable with myself NOW. I like who I am. Check it.

No comments: