Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's That Time Again

Well, as your resident Geek I have to tell you that I've been a total Book Worm lately. I'm still reading that book on Freud (and THAT will be a fun review, I tell you), but recently, in between studying my ass off, I managed to read some fun Chick Lit.

OUTER BANKS
By who? I don't know, I think it's Anne River Siddons. Or something. ANYWAY- this is a pretty addicting read. At about four hundred pages, Outer Banks is a tale of a rather annoying forty-something who can't get over the fact that

A) She will die one day. (Thus, a lot of chapters about the cancerous "Pacmen" cells.

B) Her mother is a crazy Born Again Christian.

c) Her first love and first Native American friend, Paul, left her for her best friend Ginger, that floosy.

Obviously, Kate has a lot of issues; on a more serious note, she's still mourning the loss of her five year old son, and she dangerously dangles over the "Abyss" (Cue sad music).

Anyway, Kate goes back to the Outer Banks for a reunion with her three best friends from her old college days. Why, I have no idea. She only really liked one of them. The other stole her boyfriend, and the other was a total oddball turned rich trashy romance author. (Note: Trashy romance novels are fun).

So, while at the Outer Banks, Kate gets drunk, sings a lot of songs, gets even more drunk, and- REUNITES WITH HER OLD LOVE, PAUL! Faceless Paul!! (My friend Nikki and I both found that while all the characters looked like real people in our eyes, Paul had no face.) So while Kate runs away in the middle of a hurricane to hook up with Paul in a motel, Fig (the friend no one really liked) stalks her and at the last minute shoots the only likeable friend in the chest before shooting HERSELF.

Let me tell you. This is the most addicting and ridiculous book I have ever read, and I give it FIVE THOUSAND MAJILLION STARS.

No comments: