Friday, May 11, 2007

Scary Ass Moments

Just watched the Blair Witch Project, and thinking about truly scary things that have happened to me. What pops into my mind are two incidents- all occuring this year!

About two weeks ago, I was up in the morning, walking around the kitchen in a daze (I'm not a morning person). My mom was making her breakfast at the counter, and suddenly I heard the door open and someone walk inside. Now, we're the only ones at home, ok? And I gasped, and I hid behind my mom (LOL), totally believing that some strange man had just walked in.

Turns out it was my dad, who had a flat tire and couldn't go to work at his usual time.

I felt like an idiot.

But a very scared idiot.

Then the scarier moment- In Cape May, we stayed in the Columbia House, on the haunted floor. Toph and I were kind of laughing about it, and didn't really believe in the legends too much- but that night, seriously- we couldn't sleep because the microwave kept beeping on and off, and we heard all sorts of noises like ppl walking, etc. I didn't want to say anything at first. Then she was like, "I'm sorry, but the microwave is freaking out."
"I know, I'm so fucking scared!"

We were SOOOOOOO scared. We didn't sleep. All the noises we heard were just like the incidents from The Ghosts of Cape May Book; every appliance in the kitchen went haywire.

The next morning we asked if anyone else heard anything. And of course they didn't. We played around with the microwave, and the regular normal beeping noise it made was quite different than the one we heard the night before. Two very different sounds.

Later my mum told me that she heard the air conditioning go on and off the next night.

So it wasn't just us. But it was really upsetting at the time, even if we didn't see any ghosts or anything.

A moment that probably should have been scary but wasn't- when i was sucked under a wave at the beach and the current carried me for what seemed like ten minutes. I was aware that I was underwater, and being thrown around; I was like, "oh, right then, this is how it all happens. I guess this is how I'll die"

Or what about Wildwood- when our seatbelts didn't buckle on that wooden rollercoaster, and we still went on it??

wow, such a daredevil.

No comments: