Monday, June 19, 2006

"I Gotta Rock. You're a Punk"

I just saw the most disturbing video of young Beck in 1986 singing and playing guitar with a few friends. It scared me a lot. Who knew that in two years Beck would be singing folk songs with Calvin Johnson, and writing about crazy girlfriends who shave his arms? I'll have to link it later.

In other news, the biggest thing on my mind is what ghost tour to go on in Edinburgh. The vaults look crazy scary (not as scary as Beck's mouth crashing into the camera, though). But the scariest has got to be Greyfriars Cemetary. There have been, according to this one organization that tours the cemetary exclusively, 470 attacks and 131 collapses. People faint all the time, and get so paranoid that they actually never complete the tour and have to leave. People get wake the next day with scratches, cuts, and bruises. Honestly, I wouldn't mind getting a bit black and blue, but I don't think I want to run the risk of having my "mum" smacked by the poltergeist of Sir George Mackenzie. It would forever ruin our Edinburgh experience. I guess I'll have to skip Greyfriar's.

http://www.blackhart.uk.com/cotd/gallery/?img=010#gallery

Sorry, Greyfriars. Maybe another time.

So I guess I'll just tour the underground vaults, which look very scary but not as mind blowing as the possibility of attack and harassment by invisible Scottish forces.

No comments: