Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Season Of Fulfillment?

Could it be that this summer has potential to be the greatest ever? A job, giving me money to indulge my clothing and shoe wear needs. A shit load of ITunes music needing to be bought. A huge stack of books. A HUGE STACK OF BOOKS.
See, last summer, I said to myself, "Hey, let's read a ton of books this summer and be cool". That didn't happen.

But- this summer is different. During the year I was an AP student, and spent much time ruminating over passages from Thomas Paine's works and Ben Franklin's autobiography. Now it is the summer. And after finals this week, I will begin my quest for literary fulfillment as I attempt to grow all the hair back that I had lost from stress.

MY QUEST

1. American Psycho- Ok ok, I finished this book so technically my quest is already underway.

2. Sense and Sensibility- Because there is nothing better than reading a classic novel after seeing the movie countless times, thus using Kate Winslet and Hugh Grant as the characters in your mind's eye.

3. Persuasion- Yiz, it has been sitting on my dresser for a year now. It shall be read.

4. Dubliners- I started this one already. James Joyceeee.

4. Fires In The Dark- Holocaust lit

5. Rob Roy- I am really excited for this one. There's a guy with a kilt on the cover! Oh my God, I can't wait.

6. celine's biography- This is a controversial one!! Celine was such a freak! But I love the Claudette Novels!

7. Crash by JG Ballard- Crazy, but it shall be read. It shall.

8. Brideshead Revisted- Because I like British people.

9. A Confederacy of Dunces- It is time to revisit the madness and the brilliance.



And that is all I have for now.



Look at me, I'm David Byrne and I am really really hot ::laura gets flustered and confused at this recent revelation::

No comments: