Sunday, October 01, 2006

I Met David Sedaris; You Didn't

In other news, I spent the earliest portion of the day dancing at my friend's sweet sixteen. It was so much fun. I don't think I've ever enjoyed synchronized group dancing so much. The Cotton Eyed Joe is still fun after all these years, but it's got nothing on those traditional Indian dances with the sticks.

Yeeeeeaaaaah.

I didn't eat a lot today, so after the David S. show I went to the diner with Aunt K and we ate binner (dinner, breakfast??)

Last night, I dreamt that a certain someone was crying in class. I turned around and said, "Do you have a bad stomach ache or something?"

"No," he said. "I just hate going to the dentist."

"Ooh,"I sympathized. "I hate getting bloodwork done."

Then we were walking around the inn stayed in at Inverness, and it was just like the Smiths song "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me."

Then another certain someone and I were planning on going to Vermont for a weekend. However, it started to snow profusely, and I thought our plans would have to be delayed.

"Maybe we'll go next week."
"No, we can go now!"


I remember thinking how inappropriate that was.

Then my history teacher and I were swimming down near The Beach House, and she was like, "Let's go all the way out to the bridge." I said, "Are you sure? This water is practically like mud, and we don't want to get E.Coli." So we didn't.

**

Today at the party I felt bad for those of my friends who don't dance. I may be quiet sometimes, but I'm never quiet on the dance floor. Something inside of me just pops and I go insane, I've got everything down- twee dancing, skanking, whatever. I'm not one of those slutty dancers, but I know how to have a good time. It's sad when you turn around and you just see some of your friends looking like deer in the headlights. It's like, Ouch, let's go back to our seat.

**

I was talking to my friends about how after certain experiences of the last year, I have stopped liking long hair on guys. Long hair on guys- I associate it with child molestors and rat tailed trailer trash. Long gone are the days where I thought Led Zeppelin was so hot. Long gone are the days where my idealized boyfriend was a rock star.

Puh-lease.

After developing my love for Scotland, my idea of an idealized boyfriend/husband has become tall, slightly muscular, light haired, and light eyed, which is by no means representative of the Scottish people, everyone. There are plenty of dark haired Scostmen out there, just look at Desmond from Lost. But Andrew the Bagpiper looked just how I explained, and yes- that idealized guy is wearing a kilt.

KILTS.

KILTS.

KILTS.

Say it with me now.

I watched the death scene from Braveheart on YouTube today. FREEEH DOM. LOL. Braveheart is such a good movie. Yet unintentionally funny. ANyway, the saddest part was seeing Wallace's wife at the very end. Oh, the tears.

Oh the tears.


No comments: