Thursday, October 05, 2006

WAAAAH


I WANT TO BE AN IRISH STEP DANCER.
Why, Lord? Why do I feel the calling of the Riverdance as a sixteen year old? In Irish Dancing terms, I might as well be retired. The only dance classes I took were jazz, ballet, and tap, and I fully realize there are hundreds of ten year olds who could beat my ass in Irish Step Dancing.

I'm trying to find an adult beginner's class I could start this summer (school year too busy with SAT stuff), but I'm having trouble finding any. However, I have two serious connections to Irish Step Dancing, so i can ask them for schedules and more info and stuff. If I did dancing, it would be for a year, unless I could find something local near my college (wherever the Hell that may be).

Why do i want to do this? Is it because I want my hair to like like that? Is it because I want to fly and jump into the air and roundhouse kick people in the face?

Possibly.

But it just looks like a lot of fun, and thanks to google I've found out that there are people who've started dancing at eighteen, and nineteen. Better late than never. Plus, do I really want to be that mother who lives through her daughter and forces her to become Little Miss Step Dancer, when her real passion is...watching cartoons and eating chocolate?? No.

So, I want to step dance. You're welcome to join me, bitches.


No comments: