Sunday, November 19, 2006

yeeeah

I have no idea why, but the past two weeks I have been really content. I'm an overall happy person, but usually am anxious about SOMETHING in the back of my mind, you know. But life is good. I don't know why. I love winter. I am so happy during Advent and the weeks after Christmas.

For the first time in a while, I feel really healthy and really comfortable at school. I'm so happy.

*

today at youth group we were talking about abortion. my youth group leader is of course very anti-abortion and pro-life. i wouldn't expect him to believe in pro choice. and i wouldn't expect him to teach us that abortion was ok; this is catholicism after all. but he made things so black and white. i don't perceive things in black and white ; i've always been a shade of grey when it came to abortion.
i just wish that ppl would focus less on teaching rules than teaching sympathy and compassion and understanding. c'mon guys.

*

I WANT TO STITCH:

http://www.xs-collectibles.com/detail.aspx?ID=955 BOREAS- Woooow. This chick is such a pothead, she's like swirling around and stuff in the fields. Reminds me of myself in Scotland. Except my hair isn't this long. And I don't wear blue robes, unfortunately.

http://www.xs-collectibles.com/detail.aspx?ID=564 THE SHRINE- This girl is so pretty, and I really like her dress. There's so much white, though. it'd drive me insane. but then again, you risk insanity when it comes to stitching the arts.


http://www.xs-collectibles.com/detail.aspx?ID=563 THISBE- Either Thisbe is having a bad period, or she just realized you can see her boobs through her open sleeves. Oh, man, Thisbe- that kind of a sleeveless cut-off top is so '80's. But I love her hair and the expression on her face. I love Raphaelite art; I hate modern crap. I miss seeing this kind of expression in art.

http://www.xs-collectibles.com/detail.aspx?ID=705 MERMAID- Oh my gosh, look at all these beautiful blues and browns. At first I looked over this, but now I love it!!

No comments: