Wednesday, August 02, 2006

i'm not even here- bob dylan

Excuse my stupidity. I posted the video twice. I've forgotten HTML. I'm not a Wizard like some of my friends are.

What I really wanted to accomplish was for you to play "Slow Graffiti" while you read my saddish post. I thought it'd be very twee, but it'll just be emo***. So the option is yours.

I saw Lady in the Water tonight. Unlike the Village, I'm not entirely sure it was a disaster. It didn't suck, but it wasn't great, either. It was odd, to say the least. M. Night Shymalan was SMOKING lol. X-y was right when she said he was adorable. We had some good laughs, I guess. Parts of it were funny, although probably unintentionally so.

I'm sort of sad because that post I wrote before about missing Scotland is so true. I was in my newly Scottish room (the flag, the books, the kilts, the photos) and I held the rock I stole from Glencoe. Yes, instead of taking photographs and leaving only memories (or something), I took a rock from the Valley of Tears. Ok, I take that part back, that's emo. I did steal a rock though. I held and sniffed it; it smelled kind of cool. I realized it was probably related to a rock that my ancestors, the Macdonalds, stepped on while fleeing for their lives up the mountains from the Campbells (one of which is featured in the Belle and Sebastian video. Isobel Campbell, the pretty one with yellow hair). I felt like I was the only person sweating buckets in the NJ heat, and that I was in the wrong place. I really ought to be hanging out with sheep or something.

The whole experience can be described as deja vu. You know when you smell something and it reminds you of your grandma, or baking cookies with your mom when you were a kid? Or when you see something that reminds you of childhood or a friend or someone. All those nostalgic feelings. Scotland was just like that, except all those feelings I experienced were odd beceuse I'd never been there before.

Boo hoo. :-( It's only going to be worse because tomorrow I'm watching Finding Neverland, and (gasp) EDWARD SCISSORHANDS. This will keep me in a funk for weeks. There is nothing like a good Tim Burton film to make you feel sad for a week. Unless it's Pee Wee's Big Adventure, of course. Then you just feel like you've been hit by a train.

Maybe I was born on a train. haha

Actually, i'm ok, I just wish that I was in a cooler place like Scotland, where everything is beautiful and the food is alright, and the sheep are cute, and the accents are fun. Good lord lol.



*** Disclaimer- The author is not emo. She doesn't write faux-sad poetry, doesn't have a crazy angular haircut, and doesn't own a pair of straight leg jeans. Nor is she attracted to weepy guys in bands who wear eyeliner. And finally, she doesn't own a Myspace account. Wow.


No comments: