Friday, July 06, 2007

A Pretty Good List of Books I Will Be Reading Soon






1. Paul Auster's Moon Palace- I finally got around to reading The New York Trilogy and it blew my mind. Paul Auster is amazing. I love him. Let's go to Brooklyn, get some hardcore thrift shopping done, and ring Paul Auster's bell. Before he would answer, we'd run away giggling.

2. Margaret Atwood's The Blind Assassin- I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but what a cute cover! That chick is totally me. Anyway, this book is about sisters, and one dies. Wow, it seems like every other book is about that...

3. Atwood's Alias Grace- About insanity, crime, and murder. Almost every review of this on Amazon.com gives five stars.

4. Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale- About not owning your ovaries. Very heavy stuff. I feel like the only person who has never read this, by the way. Long overdue.

5. John O'Hara's A Rage to Live- A girl whose inability to keep her indulgent lifestyle under control makes her mad unpopular in the tri-state area. Sweet cover! I love the sunglasses....

6. Edmund Wilson's Memoirs of Hecate County- Stories about people out of control, again. This book was censored because it was too "frank" in its nature in the 1950's. What phonies!

7. John Dos Passo's Manhattan Transfer- NYC in the 1920's! What could be better?


So those are books that in the next few months or so I'd like to read.

No comments: